Introduction to the WARRIOR
What the cycle industry has to say…
Secure Cycle Parking – The Commuter’s Choice
WARRIOR Cycle Locker
We have been successfully installing BikeAway lockers for over 18 years, however the tougher economic climate in more recent times has lead to a gap in the market for a lower priced locker. We have worked hard to address this without compromising the quality offered by BikeAway. Warrior is our solution, not only offering a superb locker at a more affordable price which can be more simply installed, but also boasting Sold Secure Gold as testament to its strength and security.
Quite simply, Warrior is the ideal solution providing secure cycle parking in any residential or commercial development to encourage people to ride to work on a regular basis.
Sold Secure Gold Standard is the highest accolade set for secure cycle storage – following rigorous testing, this has been awarded to Warrior. Sold Secure is widely recognised within the insurance industry as a mark of quality and this level of security is often essential for more expensive commuter bikes.
- Sold Secure is also approved by the Association of Chief Police Officers and Secure by Design.
- With respect to security, Sold Secure Gold is a far higher attack standard than LPS1175 Level 1 which has been traditionally recognised within the building industry.
- Warrior can be managed under BikeAway’s very successful rental system. Our management service also ensures that any cycle parking scheme is maintained in working order and enables it to be added to as demand increases. In many cases, this expansion can be done at no additional charge to the developer or building owner, which will appeal to planners and building management, as it makes a Warrior cycle storage scheme both sustainable and adaptable. Please see cyclemanagement.co.uk for our dedicated website and existing locations.
- By using the BikeAway Management scheme, we will, in many cases, be able to substantially reduce the unit price of each locker.
- Warrior lockers are made from quality galvanised steel and have 10 year manufacturers guarantee. With routine maintenance, the lifespan of Warrior will exceed 35 years.
- The locker has a very small foot print (680mm by 1150mm) achieved by holding the bike vertically using a patented sliding hoop which secures onto the front tyre. This system ensure that there is no metal to metal contact with the bike.
- Warrior’s vertical storage system is easy to use and has passed Health and Safety assessments from many organisations including the NHS, Sainsbury’s, UNITE, Birmingham City Airport and many local authorities throughout UK and Ireland.
- Warrior has been designed to house various sized bicycles whilst taking up the minimum of floor space. Even very tall bikes can be stored with the removal of the front wheel (this will only apply to around 5% of bicycles on the road and these often have a quick release mechanism). If, however, a larger locker is required a 100mm back extension can be added to the BikeAway locker.
- We understand the concerns of architects who must fit lockers into developments where land can be at a premium and, from our experience supplying lockers, believe that the dimensions are the best compromise for both cyclists and building designers.
- Warrior is supplied fully assembled with floor fixing bolts included making it easy to fit either inside a building or externally, crucially taking up the minimum of space.
- BikeAway has no branding on the exterior of locker so it can be personalised, if desired. To comply with the ‘Gold’ security standard of Sold Secure, however, the locker must retain the name ‘Warrior’.
- Space within the locker allows the cyclist to store wet weather gear, helmet, spare parts and other personal belongings alongside their bike.
- Warrior is manufactured in Devon by a hi-tech steel fabrication company who also export garage cabinets to the motor trade around the world. They are able to negotiate a good price for quality steel enabling this high calibre product to be supplied to you at the lowest unit price.
- The value of Warrior to a cyclist needing secure cycle parking will be far higher than the price that you need to pay, making it a valuable investment for new and existing developments.
- To improve cyclist choice, it is often beneficial for managed lockers to be used in conjunction with cycle stands (please see our vertical stands at bikeaway.com).
- Warrior is powder coated in dark green RAL6005 as standard. Specific colours can be requested at point of ordering.
- Lockers in our standard colour will normally be supplied within 4-6 weeks of order, but we will assist with specific timing requirements where ever possible.
- Lockers can be installed by BikeAway fitters or delivered fully assembled ready to be secured to the ground. A concrete hardstand is required to be in place for all installations. For customer installation, full instructions and floor anchor bolts X5 are included; tools required are a 10mm masonry drill and 17mm socket drive.
- If you have a project requiring secure cycle parking, please fill in our enquiry form . We will always give you our very best price and help you to make the right decision for your cycle parking needs.